A dietitian is a recognized professional trained with the skills to provide dietary consultation to meet the needs of individual or target groups, whether in disease state or health.
Dietitian helps to translate the science of nutrition into everyday information about food.
Dietitian has credible qualifications to conduct nutritional assessment, nutrition diagnosis and nutrition intervention in prescribing and customizing the diet, whether normal or with modification of consistency or nutrient(s) to meet the needs of the individual based on the medical problems and do nutrition monitoring and evaluation for them.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE QUALIFIED DIETITIAN
- Obtain Bachelor in Dietetics or Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Nutrition & Dietetics with proof of having done Dietetics Internship Training
- Obtain integrated Postgraduate degree or Master degree in Dietetics with proof of having done Dietetics Internship Training
ROLES OF A DIETITIAN
1) Provide diet consultation to patient on the nutritional modifications & healthy food choices
2) Plan therapeutic meals for patients
3) Promoting wellness to public (talks / program)
4) Share the right nutritional knowledge (according to guidelines & research)
DIETITIAN PROVIDE DIET ADVICE
Other than diet advice for weight loss / obesity,
Dietitians also provide dietary advice on:
As a dietitian, you'll advise people and help them make informed and practical choices about their food and nutrition. You'll assess, diagnose and treat dietary and nutritional problems. You'll also teach and inform the public and health professionals about diet and nutrition. Your aim is to promote good health and prevent disease in individuals and communities